Professional Photography and 7 Tips For Parents
7 Tips on Children and Photography
1. Your child is not the only active child in photo session history. Please remember this. If your child is really acting up, I’m not saying to let them do whatever they want. But often, parents feel nervous that the photographer is going to think badly of them because their child doesn’t want to sit still. If a photographer is really familiar with photographing children, an active child is not going to surprise them.
2. Certain locations are more comfortable for children. If you are in a kid friendly studio or a fun, on location setting, your child may be much more comfortable than a little studio with many strange cables and equipment.
3. Bring a snack just in case. A hungry kid is a cranky kid.
4. Bring something fun and familiar. A special toy or book can make a child more comfortable.
5. Relax! If you are tense and often scolding your child to sit still, this is not going to help in creating amazing photos with the best expressions.
6. Have fun! If you are having fun and laughing, your child will take a cue from you.
7. Work with a photographer who really knows how to photograph children. This is more than just choosing a photographer who has amazing photos. Kids are more comfortable with photographers who really enjoy photographing children and families. This will help you get the photos you want.
To finish off my thoughts, I would love to share these 3 photos below. The first two are super cute family photos. The third image is the behind the scenes. LOL.
*Clients, friends, and family, feel free to use for the web for personal use; but please do not edit image or crop logo.Please contact me for any other uses.
A hands on learning experience
Exclusive news on model calls, photography workshop details, and more. Be the first to know!